Friday, April 10, 2015

Norwescon II—Carbon, It’s Her

Here are a couple pictures from Norwescon. If you don’t get the one below, read her T-shirt.



Below is Torrey Stenmark. She is an organic chemistry major who teaches college chemistry.


Miss Marvel
She said “Miss,” not “Ms”

Unfortunately, her panel talked mostly about industrial carbon, which didn’t give her much to add. She deals with the more messy, organic compounds. And yes, she spoke on the panel dressed like that.

When looking up things to spell her name right, I realized it’s HER. She’s the one I saw at Worldcon in Reno in 2011.



I saw her again at Norwescon in 2012.



Then she changed into Padmé Amidala.




It’s the same person each time. And I fail to recognize her when she changes. 

[Permission granted to use any photo on this post, so long as it is labeled “Photo by Mark Murata”]

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome. I may have to go next year. Oh and Cheetara is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...