Friday, October 17, 2014

Marissa Meyer’s Writing Process

Marissa Meyer, author of Cinder, has posted her writing process from idea to finished book. 



She describes in detail such things as outlining, using Scrivener (I still use Word), how to take criticism from beta readers, and the publisher’s editorial process. Her first installment is here. Her overall blog is here.

I met Marissa Meyer last year when she spoke at the Bothell Library. Instead of simply reading from a manuscript, she regaled us with older versions of fairy stories, as I described in my blog post.


personal photo 


So if you hear that Marissa Meyer is speaking in your area, be sure to go see her! 

3 comments:

  1. How cool! I love transparency in things like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use word too, and old spiral notebooks. That must've been fun getting to meet her. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write parts of my novel manuscripts by hand, then enter them into my computer later.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...